Coley Vending began in Flint, Michigan in 1939. Originally named Coley Cigarette Service, the company is the oldest original vendor in Mid-Michigan and services 15 counties in that area. Two brothers, Thad and Sam Coley, who moved to Flint from North Carolina were the original founders.
From the very start, they based their vending business on three principals: honesty, service and friendship. In their first ten years of operation they grew from one machine to the largest single vendor of candy and cigarettes in Flint. In 1966 the Michigan Candy and Tobacco Dealers Association awarded them with the very treasured, “Michigan Vendor of the Year” award.